See original posting at Green Worker Cooperatives
- Co-op Academy Coordinator
The Co-op Academy Coordinator is responsible for the overall management, growth, and success of Green Worker Cooperatives’ Co-op Academy, a pioneering business boot camp for teams of entrepreneurs seeking to launch worker-owned businesses. The Co-op Academy Coordinator is also responsible for managing a similar and parallel school-based program called the Youth Cooperative Business Initiative that works with high schools to incubate student-run cooperatives.
- Manage all aspects of the Co-op Academy and assist each participating team in the development of their cooperative;
- Recruit, schedule, train and evaluate all volunteer trainers, mentors and professional service providers;
- Schedule and coordinate all workshops, orientations, and graduations required for the Co-op Academy and all classes and meetings required for the Youth Cooperative Business Initiative;
- Evaluate and update Co-op Academy and Youth Cooperative Business Initiative curriculum annually;
- Track progress and provide weekly feedback to each co-op team in the Co-op Academy on the quality of their work, team presentations, and business model;
- Prepare and analyze program evaluations by participants, volunteers and the GWC team;
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Able to effectively manage teams of volunteers;
- Time management;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Program planning and management
- Minimum 3 years experience with popular education methodology;
- Experience starting or managing a business;
- Minimum of one year of experience coaching or mentoring;
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Familiarity with Lean Startup methodology, customer development, agile engineering, and either the business model canvas or lean canvas preferred;
- Familiarity with worker cooperatives;
- Must be able to work evenings one night a week;
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
Salary: F/T, $42,000 per year.
Start Date: Position begins immediately.
To apply: email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with “CO-OP ACADEMY COORDINATOR” in the subject line.
Flexible schedule and ability to work partially from home. Bronx residents and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
- Co-op Academy Teaching Assistant
The Co-op Academy Teaching Assistant is responsible for working with the Co-op Academy Coordinator, to provide facilitation, structure, process support, and overall management of Green Worker Cooperatives’ Co-op Academy, a pioneering business boot camp for teams of entrepreneurs seeking to launch worker-owned cooperative businesses.
- Schedule all Co-op Academy workshops, orientations, and graduations;
- Manage logistical needs for all training activities including venue setup, equipment, food, childcare, and interpretation/translation;
- Manage online & offline tools that track feedback and progress for each participant and their respective teams in meeting program metrics & objectives;
- Prepare all materials & handouts for session activities;
- Collect weekly team presentations and manage the order of the presentation & timing;
- Communicate in-class information to course participants
- Manage scheduling calendar to track all meetings between participants and their mentors, teaching team, and service providers (attorneys, graphic & web designers)
- Manage scheduling of all volunteers assisting with workshops, orientations, and graduations;
- Provide a positive environment in which participants are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process;
- Be available for appropriate meetings, office hours, etc.
- Excellent time management & event production skills;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Can handle the unexpected;
- Professional communication (oral and written);
- Extremely organized and prepared
- Must be available weekly, on Tuesday evenings from 5:30pm to 9:30pm, and other designated daytimes for meetings with staff and volunteers;
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
Salary: Part-time (P/T), Maximum of 20 hours per week at $20 per hour
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, August 30th, 2015
Start Date: Position begins early September 2015
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and three references to:firstname.lastname@example.org, with “CO-OP ACADEMY ASSISTANT” in the subject line.
Members of GWC’s network of worker cooperatives, Bronx residents, women, and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
- Worker Co-op Developer
The Worker Co-op Developer is responsible for the development of a menu of service options for graduates of our Coop Academy, a 6-month cooperative business boot camp, in order to provide them with ongoing support that will grow their cooperatives and help them reach their goals. The Worker Co-op Developer would be an innovative and out of the box thinker capable of conducting thorough assessments of business operations and governance structures; helping co-ops troubleshoot problems as they arise; connecting co-ops with new opportunities; and holding them accountable to their promises. Additional goals for this position are to develop and strengthen the inter co-op relationships among cooperatives within the GWC network as well the relationship between GWC and its member cooperatives.
- Survey Coop Academy graduates to identify needs
- Be the ongoing point of contact for all cooperatives developed by GWC
- Assess performance and needs of all cooperatives developed by GWC
- Schedule and facilitate strategic planning retreats for GWC co-ops and assist in the development of yearly goals and milestones
- Coordinate trainings for cooperatives on specialized topics as needed
- Coordinate mediation for cooperatives as needed
- Identify resources and opportunities that can support the growth and development of GWC member cooperatives
- Compile and share best practices on cooperative governance and business operations.
- Schedule and confirm location, dates, guest speakers, agenda, and attendees for quarterly graduate forums
- Work in coordination with other GWC staff
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Prepare and assist cooperatives with obtaining capital
- Ability to represent GWC at events, conferences, etc.
- Business/entrepreneurship development
- Coaching and mentoring
- Sales and marketing support
- Leadership development
- Fundraising and raising capital
- Consensus decision-making
- Excellent listening skills
- Mediation, conflict resolution, and troubleshooting
- Experience with popular education methodology
- Experience starting a business
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of, and experience with, worker cooperatives or socially responsible businesses preferred
- Bronx residents preferred
- Flexible schedule with ability to work occasional weekends
Salary: P/T, 20 hours per week at $20 an hour.
Deadline to Apply: October 1, 2015
Start Date: Position begins early November 2015.
To Apply: email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with “WORKER CO-OP DEVELOPER” in the subject line.
Flexible schedule and can work from home. Bronx residents and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. This position is intended to grow from Part-Time to Full-Time. The ideal candidate should be open to the possibility of full-time work and able to grow the program to meet that goal.