Are You Ready to Make a Difference?
Application Deadline is: March 19th, 2019.
If you’re seeking to make a difference, advocating for equity within the community, workplace, or the world, then the Joseph S. Murphy Scholarship for Diversity in Labor will help you achieve those goals.
Awardees will receive:
• Up to $30,000 awarded over two years for graduate study
• Up to $20,000 awarded over two years for undergraduate study
- For graduate scholarship: First-time entering students in the MA in Labor Studies degree program with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- For undergraduate scholarship: First-time entering students or continuing students in the BA in Urban and Community Studies degree program, with a concentration in Labor Studies and a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Scholarship awards will be based on a national competition and are designed to create pipelines that will bring women and people of color to the forefront of the labor movement. Specifically, the Joseph S. Murphy Scholarship for Diversity in Labor is dedicated to the purpose of fostering new, diverse, and representative leadership in the labor movement and in the academic discipline of Labor Studies. To that end, applicants must be part of an underrepresented minority in the field of labor who have demonstrated a commitment to increase the participation of women and people of color in the field of labor.
Deadline Date for submitting the MA in Labor Studies or the BA in Urban and Community Studies
In order to be eligible for a 2019 Joseph S. Murphy Scholarship for Diversity in Labor, new applicants for admission to either the MA in Labor Studies or the BA in Urban and Community Studies must have their complete admissions application submitted no later than February 19, 2019. In order to be considered for admissions, accompanying required letters of recommendation must be received no later than February 19, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
Scholarships and College Financial Aid
If awarded a scholarship, applicants must complete a 2019-2020 FAFSA form to determine the impact this scholarship opportunity may have on any other financial aid they may be applying for or receiving. Additional guidance for completing the FAFSA form will be provided to awardees by the CUNY SLU Financial Aid office.
Award Notification and Application
Awardees will be notified no later than April 15, 2019. All awards are for the 2019-2020 academic year and the first term award will be applied to each recipient’s incumbent balance in September 2019.
For eligibility information and to apply, please click here or call /email Janet Leslie at 212-642-2083.
Application deadline is March 19th, 2019.