Job Type: Full-time
Please forward resume to: Emerald Cities Collaborative
Attn: Office Manager
1140 Connecticut Ave., Suite 900B
Washington, D.C. 20036
Due Date: August 14, 2020
The Emerald Cities Collaborative (ECC) is a national non-profit organization comprised of labor unions, community organizations, social justice advocates, development intermediaries, research and technical assistance providers, and socially responsible businesses. ECC partners are united around the goal of building high road – sustainable, just and inclusive – regional economies. The Collaborative envisions a future in which American cities are the greenest and most equitable in the world, leading the way to head off global climate change while creating a vital new economic sector with low-income and communities of color as central actors and beneficiaries in this new economy. Visit our website for more information : http://www.emeraldcities.org/
EC-Los Angeles works to ensure that southern California implements equity-focused sustainable development projects by connecting residents and businesses from disadvantaged communities to jobs and contract opportunities in energy efficiency, renewable energy and green infrastructure. Specifically, EC-LA is the workforce education and training implementer for the Southern California Regional Energy Network (SoCalREN), a network of over 100 government agencies. SoCalREN is organized to provide project development, financing and workforce services to government agencies to help meet California’s energy efficiency goals. The three major programs include: 1) E-Contractor – an academy, a series of workshops and coaching services for minority, women and disadvantaged contractors in green building skills, 2) ACES – a high school program that provides high school and college credits and industry skills certificates in energy-related fields; and 3) GPC – workforce training program for emancipated foster and homeless individuals in energy efficiency. ECC is also developing a high school-college program in clean water.
The Program Coordinator is an entry-level position at Emerald Cities Collaborative for a hard working and ambitious professional to provide administrative and program support for EC-Los Angeles’ program initiatives. The candidate will report directly to the EC-LA Program Director but is part of the larger SoCalREN program team. The Program Coordinator will provide administrative and management support for REN’s E-Contractor, ACES and GPC program. This includes marketing and outreach, intake, coordinating training programs, support and tracking training participants support and program reporting. The candidate must be comfortable working with different stakeholders including high school students, parent and administrators, small contractors, and government officials. Job success entails effective program administration that increases jobs and business opportunities for disadvantaged residents and contractors in the clean energy economy. Sample activities includes developing and participating in small, minority contractors outreach events; conducting youth and local worker outreach; and coordinating community college, high school and community partner resources to support the ongoing implementation of the ACES Engineering Pathway Program; conducting outreach for the new energy efficiency training targeted to transitional foster youth for the GPC program. The candidate will have professional growth opportunities and will gain knowledge in sustainable development, energy efficiency, workforce and small business development.) manage the notification, registration and materials distribution for ECC events, training seminars, and conference participation; develop collateral materials for program initiatives, and update fact sheets, data reports, and program website content.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Emerald Cities Collaborative
· Participate in national team meetings
· Collaborate and knowledge sharing with other Emerald Cities chapters
· Scheduling, staffing, and maintaining basic documents such as agendas and minutes for SoCalREN meetings and working groups;
· Working with REN contract managers to assure compliance with their requirements
· Staffing EC-LA consultant team meetings
· Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting
· Identify and develop an extensive inventory of licensed contractors.
· Conduct contractor outreach at industry forums, pre-bid meetings, and resource fairs.
· Provide administrative/program support (E-Contractor Academy).
· Assist with staging/advertising E-Contractor training program
· Prepare Craft Employee Request Forms with required local worker hiring zip codes for EEPMA projects and track contractor submittals per project.
· Track and prepare reports that provide the demographic profile of SoCalREN participating contractors, including race/gender, LMI data indicators, licenses, business certifications, and contract awards.
· Manage the notification, registration and materials distribution for ECC events, training seminars, and conference participation.
ACES (Architecture, Construction, Engineering Students) Pathway Program
· Conduct outreach to high school students, and coordinate with faculty and staff to identify students interested in participating in the ACES Engineering Pathway Program;
· Conduct outreach to potential employers to identify internship opportunities that will provide students with an opportunity to engage and learn about careers in the design and construction industry.
· Identify workforce development organizations to provide ACES students and local workers with resources to address barriers to access and participation, unique skills-building workshops and training (i.e., interview skills, time management, pre-apprenticeship training) to maximize employability and successful internship completion.
· Establish a network of workforce development or training collaborators that serve youth and provide specialized services for emancipated foster care youth attending local high schools.
· Place students in public and private sector internships, while establishing employer relationships for continued communication, evaluation and internship placements.
· Track and monitor the enrollment, training, and placement of students, and establish employer and student evaluation processes. Determine feasibility of internship site visits for ongoing student support and employer satisfaction.
· Prepare reports that provide the demographic profile of participating students, number of enrolled students, employers, number of available internships, number of internship placements, and number of completed internships.
· Conduct presentations at high schools, community colleges and for community resource partners.
· Help develop collateral materials for program initiatives, and update fact sheets, data reports, and program website content.
· Help develop strategies to increase access and internship placement opportunities through strong industry partnerships
· Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
· Bachelor of Arts/Science with 2-3 years experience;
· Associate Degree acceptable with 5-7 years of related professional experience
· Detail oriented with proven administrative/management skills
· Communicate effectively – verbally and in written form
· Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task – organize and track multiple contractor trainings, campus schedules, enrollment procedures, and student achievement.
· Takes initiative and ability to work independently
· Act judiciously under pressure and adhere to established protocols and procedures at all times.
· Use the Microsoft Office software to perform presentations, tracking, desktop publishing, and other professional software
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience.
Emerald Cities Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
We are all working remotely from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19