The Digital Organizer position is an opportunity to tell the story of a new economy that works for people and planet.
The New Economy Coalition (NEC) is building the power and scale of the solidarity economy movement in the United States. Our national network of 200+ members are transforming the current system — creating in its place an economy that places power in the hands of people, uproots legacies of harm, and preserves the planet. Our members represent a diverse cross-section of the solidarity economy movement, from worker cooperative developers and technical assistance providers, to community loan funds, think tanks, and policy advocates.
Through our communications work, NEC seeks to shift culture and narratives about what solutions are possible to deep systemic problems facing our communities across the US and globally.
Toward that end, NEC’s Digital Organizer will be responsible for utilizing our online platforms to amplify the work of our 200+ members, including several network campaigns, as well as growing our audience and keeping them up to date on a range of news related to the solidarity economy movement.
This job is part-time (at least 24hrs/week) and is a temporary contract position that ends in mid-February 2019.
The position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the US. The position is supervised by NEC’s Communications Director and is part of our Communications team.
The application deadline is August 30th, 2019, with a start date as soon as possible after the hiring is completed. If possible, we’d love it if the person hired can attend NEC’s annual member meeting in Arden, NC from September 11-13, though it is not a requirement. NEC would cover travel, food, and housing.
NEC aspires to be an inclusive and liberatory organization. NEC’s work is serious and urgent but we also make space for joy, for healing, and for connection. We value having a diversity of life experiences and perspectives on our team. We strongly encourage applicants who identify as persons of color, women, and/or gender nonconforming to apply. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Curating/designing content to amplify NEC’s message, members & work [40%]
- Maintain profiles and curate content for NEC’s online platforms, which include: Buffer (Scheduling app), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (including stories), and our website (www.neweconomy.net)
- Be a contributing editor and writer of NEC’s email operation, including our bi-weekly newsletter the “New Economy Roundup”
Communications support on NEC campaigns and programs [50%]
Assist the rest of the programs and communications team in launching campaigns by:
- Generating and distributing digital promotional materials both network-wide and publicly
- Supporting Press and Media outreach
Support other key communications projects and strategies, including:
- Member on-boarding and correspondence
- Communications working group meetings and outreach
- Press and media outreach for our New Economies Reporting Project
- Logistics and outreach for our Movement Voices program
- All other reasonable tasks as requested by the Communications team, the Programs Team, and the Staff Leadership Team.
How To Apply
To apply, fill out this form: https://forms.gle/aACbqYcjE3s9SmXT8 [You need to be logged into your Google account to fill out the form]
If you are encountering problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org.