See original post here.
The Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies (FPWA) is an anti-poverty, policy and advocacy nonprofit with a membership network of nearly 200 human service and faith-based organizations. FPWA has been a prominent force in New York City’s social services system for more than 92 years, advocating for fair public policies, collaborating with partner agencies, and growing its community-based membership network to meet the needs of New Yorkers. Each year, through its network of member agencies, FPWA reaches close to 1.5 million New Yorkers of all ages, ethnicities, and denominations. FPWA strives to build a city of equal opportunity that reduces poverty, promotes upward mobility, and creates shared prosperity for all New Yorkers.
The Executive Assistant provides the highest level of direct administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to facilitate the Chief Executive in the successful achievement of the organizational priorities and mission. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant manages all scheduling, travel arrangements, management of expenses, coordination of reports, and performs other critical administrative functions to the highest standards in a very fast –paced environment.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
– Provide first point of contact for all telephone calls to the Chief Executive, ensuring queries are directed appropriately and / or follow up action is taken promptly and managed effectively
– Monitor CEO’s email, alerting Chief of Staff and/ or CEO to issues as required and / or redirecting to appropriate FPWA staff and ensuring follow up on any outstanding issues
– Prepare correspondence on behalf of the Chief Executive as required
– Manage the CEO’s calendar and schedule, taking account of both internal and external organizational priorities
– Make all relevant travel arrangements including coordinating accommodation, ground transportation, event bookings and any other associated specific requirements
– Ensure briefing packs, meeting materials and or required supporting information is available for the Chief Executive in a timely manner before any meetings, liaising with the Chief of Staff as necessary Page 2 of 3
– Process all expenses and expense reports in a timely manner and in accordance with FPWA policies
– Coordinate all internal meetings involving CEO including catering, accommodation needs, and so on – Provide administrative support to all meetings of Board of Directors including scheduling meetings, answering queries, collation, production and distribution of Board materials, coordination of room requests, catering, and so on
– Undertake any other administrative duties required to ensure smooth running of Executive office including filing, photocopying, sorting mail, messenger services, working with Chief of Staff to prioritize requests, etc.
An effective Executive Assistant will have the following experience and competencies:
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in a fast – paced, high –volume, professional environment.
- Comfort with technology including excellent MS Office skills, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word. Minimum Bachelor’s level education
- Highest levels of professionalism, smart and ‘polished’, ensuring representation of the organization to the highest standards
- Highest level of integrity, maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Administrative Excellence: Demonstrates excellent administrative, coordination and organizational skills; understands and manages priorities and is able to manage multiple tasks while maintaining standards and attention to detail; demonstrates ease in use of technology effectively in workplace. Uses MS Office (incl. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc) to enhance administrative support to CEO
- Drive for Results: Proactive and solutions –focused; thrives in a fast-paced environment; demonstrates initiative and problem-solving skills to reach required results; actively seeks out opportunities to enhance support provided to strive for results; drives self and others to achieve results; resilient and motivated for high achievement
- Communication for Results: Communicates effectively both orally and in written form; adjusts style to ensure effective communication; listens to others to enhance understanding; uses tact and diplomacy as needed but can assert own needs while maintaining respect in the workplace
- Maintaining Effective Partnerships: Partners effectively with others to achieve goals; does not allow ‘status’ of self or others to create barriers within the workplace; enjoys working with team and actively seeks out collaborations with others; works effectively with internal and external stakeholders Page 3 of 3
- Excellence under Pressure: Demonstrates highest level of integrity in all situations; maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion at all times. Smart and polished, demonstrates highest levels of professionalism regardless of situation and represents the organization both internally and externally to the highest standards
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Navigates ambiguity and change with an open, can-do attitude, adjusting behavior to manage changes and challenges; moves seamlessly between any number of functions as required; works out of normal office hours to achieve results if required
- Critical and Analytical Thinking: Quickly and systematically analyzes the root cause of problems before taking corrective action; recognizes and communicates the implications of data/information; clearly frames a problem, identifies and collects the necessary data, and makes recommendations for solutions; takes complex issues or problems and breaks them down into manageable components; relates problems to one another to recognize opportunities for dealing with several related problems at the same time.
- Commitment to Development: Continually seeks to improve and enhance work environment to ensure achievement of Executive Office priorities; seeks to enhance own understanding to enhance value added to organization; applies learning to enhance and support work of Executive Office
- Commitment to the Mission: Actively seeks to enhance own understanding of work and priorities of FPWA and demonstrate understanding of and commitment to visions, goals and key policy priorities of the organization.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: Emma Guzman, Operations and Human Resources Coordinator Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies 40 Broad Street New York, NY 10004 email@example.com No phone calls or other inquiries please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER