To be eligible for the Diversity Scholarship, you must apply to and be accepted into the MA in Labor Studies, or the BA in Urban and Community Studies, labor concentration.
MA or BA application deadlines: 11:59 pm, February 20th, 2018
For information about the MA and BA programs and applications, please contact:
- Graduate applicants contact Laurie Kellogg, Labor Programs Specialist. Please text or call day or eve: 718-440-1550 or email Laurie.Kellogg@cuny.edu.
- Undergraduates contact Cherise Mullings, Enrollment Specialist, Urban Studies, at 212-642-2059 or at Cherise.Mullings@cuny.edu.
Please attend an Open House at 6 pm on January 18, 2018, at The Murphy Institute, 25 West 43rd St., 18th Floor, NYC.
Become a better advocate for labor rights and social justice!
The Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies at the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) is seeking applicants for the Diversity Scholarships, which are dedicated to supporting diversity in leadership in the labor movement and in the field of Labor Studies.
Applications for the BA and MA programs are due: February 20th, 2018. Scholarship applications will be due one month later, on March 20th
If you’re seeking to make a difference, advocating for social justice in your community, workplace, or the world, then the Joseph S. Murphy Scholarship for Diversity in Labor will help you achieve those goals. As a scholarship recipient, you will:
- Earn an MA in Labor Studies or BA in Urban and Community Studies
- Explore the dynamics of worker and community empowerment, urban life, and labor organizing
- Strengthen your ability to advocate for labor rights, stronger communities, and social justice
- Advance professionally and personally in a supportive environment
- Receive up to $30,000 for graduate study or up to $20,000 for undergraduate study
- For graduate scholarship: First-time entering students in the MA in Labor Studies degree program with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- For undergraduate scholarship: First-time entering students or continuing students in the BA in Urban and Community Studies degree program (labor concentration) with 60 prior credits and a minimum 2.5 GPA
Please visit the Murphy Institute website for more information: www.WorkerEd.org 212-642-2083.
Applications for the Diversity Scholarship are due March 20, 2018. For more information contact scholarship coordinator, Janet Leslie at 212-642-2083