Position: Fraud Analyst Intern
Reports to: AVP/BSA/Security Officer
Location: Bronx, NY (Currently remote)
Hours: Part-Time or Full-Time Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Responsible for researching account information and identifying possible cases of fraud; recognizing trends and recommending approaches for fraud investigations; identifying opportunities to reduce the risk of loss from fraud and compliance violations; participating in work-groups to aid in the successful detection and mitigation of fraud. This position performs a multitude of quality support in the area of operational, lending, internal, external fraud analysis using industry standard and regulatory guidance to ensure the Bank’s compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis. The Fraud Analyst assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures.
• Pro-actively monitor and review electronic account and transaction data for suspicious activity and potential fraud.
• Join fraud data with other data sources to derive end-to-end performance metrics for fraud
• Analyze overall fraud metrics, identify and report on emerging trends
• Review, investigate and report irregular transactions reported by other business lines.
• Identify processes requiring increased security controls to protect the bank and its customers from future incidents of fraud.
• Keep detailed records of suspicious activity, analyze trends, communicate security threats to management and provide recommendations for loss mitigation as needed.
• Use a variety of systems and resources, to research moderate to complex account activity that may involve multiple transaction channels.
• Actively ensures compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures. Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas.
• Respond to ad hoc requests for reporting and data analysis
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and manage time effectively
• Proficiency in computer literacy (i.e.; Microsoft Office).
• Extensive ability to analyze, interpret and comprehend Government regulations.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proactive and detail oriented.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong report presentation skills.
• Fraud analysis or data analysis experience preferred.
Disclaimer: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The policy of Ponce Bank is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, genetic information, national origin, handicap or disability, citizenship, and any other class protected by federal, state or local law. Ponce Bank will affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity. The Bank will take affirmative action to insure applicants and employees covered under Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and/or the Uniformed Services Employment & Re-employment Act are not discriminated against because of their race, religion, sex, national origin or handicapping conditions.
Application Deadline: Immediate
Expected Start Date: Immediate
Interested applicants should apply online at Poncebank.com>About Us>Careers