Purpose: We are currently recruiting dynamic individuals to join our team as a Career Advisor for our Bronx, Queens office.
About America Works: Called “a company with a conscience,” America Works was founded in 1984 by social activist and entrepreneur, Peter Cove, who wanted to put his ideals about poverty and the American dream into practice.
Joined by Dr. Lee Bowes as the CEO, America Works has helped more than 800,000 individuals increase their self-sufficiency through gainful employment, including military veterans, welfare and SNAP recipients, young adults, the criminal justice involved, homeless, non-custodial parents, persons receiving disability, among others. America Works uses a blended model that includes work readiness training, vocational training, career placement, career advancement, and employment retention services.
America Works is a 100% Women-Owned Business. Our mission is to equip each individual who comes to our offices with the right tools so that they are able to provide for themselves and their loved ones. We believe the most effective approach in helping people out of poverty is by assisting them in finding meaningful employment. Our proven methods, services and experienced staff offer the right combination for success.
Join an incredible company of professionals who are passionate about embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for a person becoming self-sufficient while learning how to navigate job searches and employment opportunities; and securing meaningful employment. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it!
This position will provide you with a sense of purpose, unique challenges, and enable you to make a true impact on our business and the person’s life you are enhancing.
We are currently recruiting dynamic individuals to join our team as a Career Advisor (Case Manager) to provide case management to a roster of candidates seeking employment and trainings in our Bronx NY office. Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes orientation and intakes of new participants
- Develops engagement plan that includes trainings, workshops, employment opportunities and other appointments
- Responsible for keeping updated records and notes of pre & post employed clients
- Strong ability and drive to meet contractual goals
- Excellent outreach and follow up skills
- Assists participants in identifying and overcoming employment barriers
- Provides referrals for services that assist participants in reaching long-term employment goals
- Responsible for imputing attendance and is main contact person for participants on his/her caseload, ensuring that all paperwork is handled appropriately
- Develops a partnership with participants, tracking employment/training and offering continued supportive services and incentives
- A. or B.S. a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have previous case management experience
- Ability to work with people from all backgrounds
- Capable of setting boundaries and holding clients accountable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be flexible to changes in and out of the office
- Strong ability to multitask
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Wonderful team
- Great work-life balance
- Important mission
- Interested candidates should provide an up-to-date resume and a letter of interest that speaks to a) why you feel you are a strong candidate for this position and b) what you are uniquely positioned to bring to America Works generally and the Education and Training team, specifically.
- Please email the above-mentioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org