ALIGN: the Alliance for a Greater New York is an alliance of community and labor organizations working together to create good jobs, vibrant communities, and a more accountable democracy for all New Yorkers. ALIGN is the coming together of two long standing New York community-labor coalitions, New York Jobs with Justice and Urban Agenda. Over the last two decades, we have been at the forefront of championing fair economic development policies, winning quality jobs with career ladders for low-income public housing residents, and creating green jobs through municipal building retrofits. For more information about our work, visit www.alignny.org.
We seek a talented, motivated, and dedicated person to join our team as an Organizer. This is an exciting time to join our staff and be engaged in building an ambitious organization at the forefront of innovative policy, organizing and communications efforts in New York.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Organizer will report to the Director of Campaigns and will be responsible for driving on-the-ground organizing efforts in support of our campaigns. The Organizer’s roles and responsibilities will include:
- Conducting outreach for our campaigns that will include direct engagement with diverse constituencies including members of low-income communities, workers, faith communities, small businesses and more.
- Implementing public education efforts, leadership development trainings, and actions to increase the recruitment and mobilization of impacted people in our campaigns.
- Developing and applying “online” digital engagement tools that complement the “offline” organizing objectives of our campaigns.
- Collaborating closely with institutional partners of our campaign coalitions to execute organizing strategies and tactics.
- Supporting organizing and outreach needs of campaign research, public policy, and communications plans.
- A commitment to social and economic justice and the labor movement.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse set of organizations and constituents.
- Minimum 2 years professional organizing experience working in community, labor, or political organizations.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience utilizing social media and digital online communications tools for organizing.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, collaborate as part of a team, and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strategic judgment, flexibility, creativity, and initiative.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
Terms of Employment: The Organizer position is a full-time position with health, retirement, vacation, and other benefits.
Application Process: Please send applications by June 17, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Organizer” in the subject line of the email. Applications must include a cover letter and resume. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
ALIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.