BerlinRosen, a leading strategic communications firm, is seeking an Account Director to help lead our reproductive health, rights, and justice work.
The ideal candidate for this role can strategize with clients, manage projects and staff, write and edit quickly. The person should have deep knowledge of the reproductive health, rights, and justice space, a proven track record for building relationships with reporters and substantive experience managing and executing integrated campaigns for public, private and/or nonprofit organizations. The position is ideal for candidates with five to seven years of experience in strategic communications, media relations, journalism, or related fields.
Our ideal Account Director is a strong public affairs tactician who can think strategically and analytically and be a trusted advisor for our clients. In this role, you will develop and execute winning strategies to regularly insert our client’s priorities into the news cycle, act as a leader internally and empower your team, and be creative while staying ahead of deadlines and deliverables.
The Account Director will work with reproductive health, rights and justice researchers, advocates, providers, legal experts, and more within a firm at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, women’s economic security, voting rights, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, health care, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Working with team leadership to advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Managing relationships with key reporters
- Writing and editing persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos and communications plans
- Managing projects and overseeing account staff
- Developing and overseeing integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills
Applicants should possess:
- Strong project and client management skills in a PR and/or media environment
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters at top-tier outlets
- Experience managing media relations, both rapid response and long-lead
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients and the media
- Excellent written communication skills, including deep experience developing sharp, compelling press materials, pitches and talking points requiring minimal editing
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with national political and economic news, including worker and civil rights movements
- Experience managing staff
- A sense of humor!
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and recognize that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.