Yaffed is seeking to hire a Community Organizing and Engagement Director who will spearhead our efforts to educate and engage parents, yeshiva graduates, and community leaders around the importance of secular education in Yeshivas. Yaffed was founded to advocate on behalf of students denied basic general education in many ultra-Orthodox schools. Our mission is to ensure that students receive the academic skills they need in order to pursue lives of economic self-sufficiency with a broad range of opportunities for personal choice and individual fulfillment. Our vision is a world in which Yeshiva students receive a robust general studies education in the schools they currently attend.
General Job description:
The Community Organizing and Engagement Director will serve as Yaffed’s main point of contact for affected constituencies, including parents, school leaders, Yeshiva graduates, and Yeshiva educators. They will ensure an active and positive presence for Yaffed in the community. Additionally, they will maintain contact with Yaffed’s active supporters and keep them involved in the cause.
- Serving as a resource for community members and cultivate close working relationships
- Organize and lead events such as parties, panels, and informational sessions
- Work with the Director of Advocacy and Government Affairs to organize volunteers to attend public hearings and other events
- Recruit and maintain Yaffed’s Rabbinic Council
- Continuously engage Yaffed’s activist support base
- Serve as the main point of contact for potential partnerships with organizations
- Strong commitment to Yaffed’s mission and values
- Familiarity with the ultra-Orthodox community in New York
- Highly organized, great management skills
- Experience in and ability to create and organize successful programs
- Superb communications skills, including public speaking
- Reasonable flexibility in schedule
- Experience in and strong familiarity with social network platforms
- 1+ years of experience in community organizing, program planning, and partnership-building. Some graphic design/knowledge experience is a plus.
- Commensurate with Experience
Details at a glance
- On-site Location
- Full Time Schedule
- 4-Year Degree Required
How To Apply
Please apply to email@example.com and reference “Community Organizing” in the subject line. Include a resume and a cover-letter.
New York, NY