See full posting here.
The position is responsible for leading the work of research teams assigned to major union or Division campaigns and programs. The Research Coordinator II is responsible for supervising International and/or Local research staff and working with International structures and appropriate Locals to develop the research capacity, methods, strategies and tools to support these campaigns and programs, and to recruit, train and develop International and Local research staff.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Recruits, trains, evaluates, supervises and supports the work of research staff assigned to major division and union campaigns and programs; provide leadership to research staff, both international and local and assure that plans and work assignments are consistent with the organizing, political, mobilization and campaign goals of SEIU.
- Works with International Union Headquarters-based research staff in the development of effective national organizing, political and other priority campaigns.
- Provides ongoing support to the union leads on the union and division campaigns and programs.
- Assists with the direct implementation of national programs and mobilizations that support these union and division campaigns and programs, including working with leaders and union staff to develop organizing and mobilization strategies.
- Assists in the creation of Local union research networks that support the development of long-term capacity and campaign work in the Local unions.
- Provides research assistance to SEIU State councils for legislation, regulations and other political activity.
- Provides policy/funding analysis to support campaign strategies.
- Provides education and training of International and Local staff on policy and industry issues related to the campaigns and programs of SEIU.
- Works with employers and industry officials on policy issues
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the department.
Elected leadership; local union leaders; and staff and members; International Union staff and officers. CTW staff; state federation and central labor council leaders and staff; staff of other unions; public officials; and key staff; leaders and counterparts in targeted industries and employers; and leaders of other organizations who work with SEIU.
Direction and Decision Making:
Manage at own initiative, independent of all but necessary supervision by the Research Director/Deputy Research Director as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in labor relations or a combination of experience and education that will allow for the development of research/campaign support which support SEIU goals and objectives.
Work is generally performed in an office setting, but may be required to work in other settings conducive to performing the tasks required to complete assignments. Or field work. Travel and long and extended hours required.
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holiday and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/w9gny5cc28