Organization: Committee of 100 (C100)
Headquarters: New York, New York
The Committee of 100 (C100) is a non-profit U.S. based membership organization built around promoting the full participation of all Chinese Americans in American society and advancing the constructive dialogue and relationships between the United States and China. Formed more than 30 years ago by renowned architect I.M. Pei and Dr. Henry Kissinger, C100 is comprised of Chinese Americans from the areas of business, government, academia and the arts who are respected leaders in both their industries and communities.30 years later, C100 continues to remain focused on public policy engagement, civic engagement and philanthropy as a means of supporting the Chinese American community.
Location: New York City
Reports to: Full-Time Staff, with opportunity to work directly with senior-level staff
- Monthly, quarterly and annual statement of accounts
- Accounts maintenance of G/L, accounts payable and receivables
- Financial accounting (review and track monthly account statements)
- College Student
- Professional and Educational Interest in Finance and Accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think and work independently within a professional setting
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Flexibility to work within a multidisciplinary team and receive dynamic on-the-job training
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Candidates should be available to work a minimum of 8-10 hours a week (part-time).
- Unpaid internship
Please describe your qualifications and explain your interest in this position in an email, serving as a formal cover letter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please attach your CV/resume)
This position will be 8-12 weeks in length. At this time the position is remote. This is an unpaid internship; however, the position can be used towards school credit where applicable.
Each student’s application and needs for course credit will be reviewed on an individual basis.
The anticipated start date for this position is January 25, 2021. The start date is negotiable based on the student’s spring schedule.
The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) is a union, dedicated to improving the workplace and the quality of life for all education employees and to protecting their hard-won rights. Equally important, we are an association of highly qualified professionals, committed to establishing and maintaining optimal conditions for student learning from preschool through graduate school. Why should you join us? The MTA is committed to human and civil rights and advocates for quality public education in an environment in which lifelong learning and innovation flourish. Be a part of the movement to change the requirements of the past to change the future. Join us as we continue the cutting edge of progressive activism.
The Field & Organizing Division is seeking qualified applicant for the position of Bargaining Campaign & Strategy Specialist who will is responsible for helping to build strong locals and a strong union by supporting local leaders and rank and file members in all aspects of internal organizing, bargaining, contract enforcement and representation, and implementation of local, regional, and statewide campaigns that connect members to the life of the union.
The primary focus will be building local capacity by engaging members in the life of the union including:
- Identify points of leverage for bargaining through research, data, and power analysis.
- Provide research and strategic support to locals, regional networks, college/university coalitions, and the statewide union for bargaining campaigns, including multiple forms of democratized bargaining (open, coordinated, coalition, bargaining for the common good), that achieve bargaining standards and build rank and file power
- Work with Regional Organizers, Field Rep-Organizers, and regional networks to develop regional bargaining standards, strategies and campaign plans and support the activities of the regional networks
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of an easily searchable database of existing and model contract language
- Research and develop model contract language
- Develop popular education training, in conjunction with TPL and other field staff, to support strategic bargaining and contract enforcement strategies, including bargaining for the common good, open bargaining, and contract action teams
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience utilizing data for targeting and developing strategic campaigns
- Ability to analyze budgets, manipulate data and produce reports and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters/advanced college level classes preferred
- Experience and familiarity with multiple forms of democratized bargaining including open, coordinated, and coalition bargaining and bargaining for the common good
- Understanding of key concepts and commitment to dismantling systems of oppression that create inequity by race, class, and gender
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications including Excel, as well as Word and Outlook
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and long hours when needed
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO JSHAW@MASSTEACHER.ORG
MTA has a competitive compensation program with a robust benefits package that includes: a defined benefit plan, 401k, medical, dental, STD, LTD, paid holidays, and a generous time off program.
MTA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff.
The CUNY 311 Project provides qualified CUNY students with the opportunity to work as part-time Call Center Representatives (Call Takers) within New York City’s Information Hub. Call Takers will work within the 311 Call Center to perform the following tasks:
- Answer incoming calls within the 24-hour/7-day/week operation in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Enter call data into a computerized tracking system.
- Collaborate with DoITT and CUNY Program staff as needed.
- Currently a student in good standing at a City University of New York college.
- Be available 18 hours per week for three 6 hour shifts, including weekends/weeknights.
- Have strong computer skills and be proficient with Internet.
- Have excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
- Create profile on Symplicty using the following link CUNY.edu/cipportal.
- In Simplicity click “Jobs” tab > click “Jobs and Internships”, search for 311 Student Caller Taker Job listing and Apply. (Please note you will be asked to upload resume, cover letter, and to provide an unofficial copy of your transcript).
LEARN MORE AT OUR INFO SESSIONS
THURS. 11/12 | 3 pm – 5 pm
WED. 11/18 | 10 am – 12 pm
Info Session Registration: CLICK HERE
MUST register to attend
NJ TRANSIT SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – INFORMATION SESSION
Learn about the many paid internship opportunities and the application process with the NJ Transit.
NJ TRANSIT SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Come join us this summer for an exciting 10-week paid internship in one of our many offices.
Partial listing of areas of study:
• Design/Digital Media
• Intelligence Analyst
• Human Resources
- Information Technology
- And Many More
NJ TRANSIT pays interns from:$12-$22 per hour based on the intern’s collegiate year.
Possible Locations (or may be remote): Newark NJ, Maplewood NJ, Orange NJ, Kearny NJ.
Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university.
Date: Nov 9
Register in advance for this meeting: https://tinyurl.com/InfoSession-Nov9
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a director to join its public affairs team in our Washington D.C. office. Successful candidates are fluent in strategic communications and work well in team dynamics to support clients with some of the most pressing issues of the day. We seek dynamic individuals who are self-starters, quick-studies, and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environments.
- Previous experience working on campaigns, in government, at a corporation or public relations agency.
- Experience working with multicultural media and/or on social justice communications.
- A track record of building media strategies and placing a wide range of national print and broadcast stories in addition to drafting op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements as well as other communication documents.
- Experience leading a talented and dynamic team while cultivating a collaborative atmosphere.
- Excellent writing skills and experience crafting a variety of communications materials.
- Strong strategic instincts and ability to develop and execute communications and strategic plans.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines in tandem.
Candidates should have five+ years of relevant experience in writing, research and media-intensive positions. Candidates with experience developing and executing communications strategies in the health care space are preferred.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: DCPAjobs@skdkjobs.com