Are you interested in joining a dynamic organization that is at the forefront of building successful campaigns for working people?
The Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ is looking for a Lead Researcher to support the Union’s organizing campaigns and housing related policy agenda.
32BJ’s Research Department plays a vital role in the Union’s organizing campaigns by conducting research and developing and implementing strategies and tactics to advance campaign goals. Work includes serving as a resource and partner to campaign leadership, and performing industry, company and individual research.
- At least four years of professional work experience in the labor movement or community, racial justice, immigrant rights organizing, or other relevant progressive work.
- Experience in leading strategic campaigns in support of organizing and/or bargaining, including the development of campaign strategy
- Proven ability to lead, mentor, develop and supervise researchers and/or strategic campaign staff within a labor or progressive community organization
- Strong commitment to progressive social change and activist/labor movement experience
- Strong technical research skills and ability to apply research to development of strategic organizing campaigns
- Familiarity with corporate research, financial analysis, employment law or investigative journalism
- Experience with a variety of computer-based research tools and good quantitative skills
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent political and internal organizational skills
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Enthusiastic commitment to strengthening the labor movement
Scope of Work:
- Overseeing research support for new development and residential worker organizing campaigns in New York and New Jersey
- Overseeing research support the union’s work around residential and commercial development projects, rezonings and other issues related to its housing related policy agenda in NYC and NJ that seeks to strengthen the standards for the union’s base of membership of residential building service workers.
- Provide strategic support for the development of residential organizing campaigns in New York and New Jersey.
- Supervise, lead and develop research staff
32BJ offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes employer-paid medical and dental plans for full-time staff and their qualified dependents.
32BJ is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Please send a résumé, letter of interest, and a brief writing sample to: HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Lead Researcher” in the Subject line of your email.
Local 32BJ has implemented a vaccine mandate. Bona fide religious and ADA exemptions are permitted with additional safety measures.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.