The mission of the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation (UMEZ) is to sustain the economic revitalization of all communities in Upper Manhattan through job creation, corporate alliances, strategic investments and small business investments. UMEZ facilitates economic development in the neighborhoods of Central, East and West Harlem, Washington Heights; and Inwood.
UMEZ is a recognized Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s CDFI Fund, with over $80 million in assets. UMEZ is proud to be a part of a national network promoting economic growth by financing businesses, creating jobs, and rebuilding neighborhoods.
Job Title: Loan Administrator
Reports to: Senior Vice President for Commercial Lending
The Loan Administrator assists the lending team and will support the team’s responsibility for loan deployment and credit administration. The Loan Administrator is responsible for verifying materials submitted by applicants are accurate and ensuring checklist items are collected and complete. The Loan Administrator works closely with underwriting to package material and ensure that all required documentation is accurate and complete prior to the underwriter’s evaluation and risk assessment. The loan administrator also works to facilitate closings, including obtaining pre-closing items, and assisting with properly documenting files after closing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Include the following and other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for developing an appropriate level of product knowledge to assure documentation for underwriting is collected in advance
- Review all borrower application materials thoroughly examining for completeness and accuracy
- Follow up with applicants to obtain accurate and timely documentation
- Address applicant inquiries and questions relating to application materials
- Evaluate application eligibility to submit to underwriting
- Maintain loan application tracking
- Organize application information to facilitate underwriting and closing in accordance with all documentary and collateral requirements.
Background and Experience:
- Experience working with Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI)
- Proven experience in loan administration or loan processing
- Advanced writing and oral presentation skills
- 3-5 years of experience as a loan processor, loan administrator, or paralegal
- Understanding of direct lending procedures
- Strong organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Community residence and/or familiarity with Upper Manhattan community preferred.
- Bi-Lingual, English and Spanish, a plus but not necessary.
- An energetic and resourceful person with a strong interest in community engagement
- A self-starter; a team player; a strategic thinker; a creative problem solver.
Language Skills: Bi-Lingual, English and Spanish, a plus but not necessary
Education: Undergraduate degree in business or a related field; paralegal experience is a plus
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Employment Type: This is a full-time position
Salary Range: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
The benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401K plan.
Interested candidates should e-mail or mail a resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
55 West 125th Street, 11th Floor
New York, New York 10027