CITY OF NEW YORK
Brooklyn Community Board #12
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New York City Residency Required.
Civil Service Title: Community Associate
Number of Positions: 1
Title Code: 56057
Salary: $38,333 / $44,083 – $63,794 annually
Brooklyn Community Board #12 seeks to hire a full-time Community Associate to assist with clerical duties and constituent services casework. May need to attend occasional evening meetings. Writing and communications skills essential.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- General office work including filing, answering phones, billing, etc.
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Constituent Services including coordinating effective and timely responses to individual seeking resolution from various government agencies.
- Monitor and track correspondence, including logging into databases.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and general computer proficiency
- Writing Skills
- Adaptive with ability to work well under pressure.
- Bi-lingual (Yiddish) is a plus
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
(please include ‘Resume’ in the subject line)
Brooklyn Community Board # 12
5910 13th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
ATTENTION: Mr. Spitzer
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
POST DATE: November 15, 2021
POST UNTIL: December 15, 2021