The New York State Nurses Association is a labor organization of over 40,000 frontline nurses standing together for strength at work, nursing practice, safe staffing, and healthcare for all. We are New York’s largest union and professional association for registered nurses.
This position will report to the Area Director. Program Representatives are responsible for assisting in the implementation of the Association’s member representation and mobilization program in their assigned Downstate geographic area and/or facilities.
- Represent the Association and the member representation/mobilization program to local bargaining unit members, employers, and other groups.
- Review and analyze developments and trends in the delivery of health care, nursing practice, and labor relations pertinent to the member representation and mobilization program and make recommendations to their Area Director.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Association programs and activities and their interrelationships.
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES & DUTIES:
- Perform all duties of contract administration, grievance administration, and local bargaining unit representation on behalf of the Association.
- Perform all duties of securing and negotiating collective bargaining agreements covering all facilities and matters relating to their area of responsibility.
- Assist in organizing new and residual groups of nurses for the primary purpose of securing recognition of the Association as their collective bargaining representative in all employment matters.
- Internally organize, mobilize and educate members about the Association’s goals and work plan, develop member leaders and advocates and further the work plan of the Association including its representation, organizing, and political community and legislative goals.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Area Director.
Note: Every effort has been made to make this position description as complete and comprehensive as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties required of the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment within the position.
We are committed to fostering an organizational culture of diversity and inclusion. Women, minorities, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates should e-mail their résumés to: Employment@nysna.org, Subject: “Program Representative – Downstate”