The NYC Department of Buildings is responsible for ensuring the safe and lawful use of buildings and properties by enforcing the NYC Construction Codes, Energy Code and Zoning Resolution. We facilitate compliant development with integrity, efficiency and professionalism. We are committed to becoming a premier municipal building organization, dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all New Yorkers and making our city safer. We are committed to improving our performance and developing procedures that are streamlined, understandable and transparent.
• Assist in facilitation for probation/performance evaluations (managerial/non-managerial) for the Agency
• Assist in the investigation of employee relation concerns and conflict within the Agency
• Assist with research on matters relating to labor, industry and employment Assist in preparation for labor issues, contract negotiations and collective bargaining matters
• Answer telephones and respond to in-person and email inquiries
• Assist in the facilitation and training of hiring managers/supervisors per Agency guidelines
• Special projects, as assigned