The Skyscraper Museum, a young institution in New York City devoted to the study of high-rise
building and city history, has paid positions open, to assist with the implementation of daily operations and long-term projects.
● Research for public programs and exhibition development.
● Draft and edit professional correspondence and member materials.
● Exhibition installation and design support.
● Research, prepare and upload content for museum web projects.
● Administrative tasks as necessary
● Group tours for students, seniors, and teachers. School group visits allow students to interact with the Museum’s collections and incorporate activities in science, mathematics, the arts, and social studies.
● Family programs – design and preparation for bi-weekly programs for children.
This is ideal for a self-starter with an interest in urban history, urban design, or museum and arts administration and strong knowledge of New York City. Open to grad students, undergrads, and recent graduates. Candidates must be creative, organized, flexible, and enjoy working with a small team on a myriad of tasks. Proficiency in Mac/PC environment and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Part-time or full-time, but must be available for at least 2-3 days a week.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Josh Vogel, josh[at]skyscraper[dot]org
No phone inquiries please. Salary is commensurate with experience.