For more than eighty years the Hawai’i Nurses’’ Association (HNA) has been recognized as the official voice for the nursing professions in Hawai’i. In 2010, Hawai‘i Nurses’ Association affiliated with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), and became HNA, OPEIU Local 50, AFL-CIO. HNA represents more than 4000 nursing and allied healthcare members throughout the state, working in medical centers, hospitals, care centers, rehabilitation hospitals, clinics, community health services and other medical providers.
HNA is looking to hire an experience union representative with a solid labor background who can hit the ground running. Recent healthcare representation/organizing experience is highly valued but not required.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement and hires can start as Labor Relations Specialist (LRS) or Senior Labor Relations Specialist (SLRS).
LRS and SLRS are assigned a specific number of employers represented by HNA. They are responsible for all aspects of collective bargaining, contract administration, member representation and organizing.
- Organizing knowledge and experience, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated success with organizing campaigns, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated success with increasing member engagement, mobilization, turn out to events, etc.
- Negotiations knowledge and experience, both first time and successor agreements, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with state and federal labor/employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience in member representation, contract administration and enforcement as well as steward recruitment and training.
- Ability to work independently while also being able to incorporate constructive feedback and direction from Union leadership.
- Flexibility and ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Team mindset.
- Willingness to work long and/or irregular hours and to travel.
- Willingness and ability to thrive in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and building the labor movement.
- Salary competitive and scheduled to increase pending negotiations with staff union.
- 100% employer paid health insurance for employee and 80% for family
- 100% employer paid dental insurance for employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with 4% employer contribution plus additional 2% employer match
- 3 weeks vacation to start and increases with years of service
Great working environment, co-workers are friendly and welcoming, staff often eat lunch together and hold frequent celebrations for birthdays and other occasions. Dress cold is extremely relaxed, closer to casual than business casual.
|To apply email cover letter and resume to:
Ken Margolies, Margolies and Potterton Staff Recruiters, email@example.com
Confidential calls accepted. Call Ken Margolies 845 499 6636.