The New York Housing Conference (NYHC) is a nonprofit affordable housing policy and advocacy organization. We analyze public policy, educate and convene stakeholders and raise public awareness regarding New York’s need for affordable housing.
We are seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern: To develop an organizational social media strategy, and to improve our overall communications strategy allowing us to become more effective in disseminating policy information, event notices and advocacy opportunities. We are also seeking assistance in developing a plan to increase revenue through improved advertising sales at our well-attended annual industry event. We offer a flexible schedule and casual office environment.
- Assist NYHC staff with event and organizational promotion including the development of promotional materials and brochures.
- Establish social media plan to advance our advocacy goals and outreach as well as followers.
- Develop strategies to better promote advocacy campaigns on NYHC website.
- Maintain and update existing email database.
- Research and compile list of new contacts across country and in related fields (including press contacts).
- Excellent computer skills a must— including Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated social media, communications and marketing skills.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Constant Contact.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Flexibility to pitch in on other tasks as needed.
Time commitment: 10 weeks, 4 days or 28 hours per week (flexible)
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Reynold Martin, Program Associate, New York Housing Conference at Reynold.Martin@thenyhc.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!