The office of NYC Council Member Mark Levine is seeking an experienced and talented professional to lead the office’s communication and press efforts. The ideal candidate must be an excellent writer, self-starter, team-player, and exceptional project manager with knowledge and understanding of New York City government, policy, and media landscape.
Responsibilities include creating a long-term media plan; drafting and disseminating press releases, newsletters, email blasts, letters, talking points and speeches; developing and maintaining relationship with the media; handling all press and communication inquiries; developing and executing social media strategy; organizing press conferences, media and community events; researching policy and drafting white papers, and making policy recommendations to the Council Member.
In addition to the above qualifications, successful candidates will have:
- 4-year college degree (or higher)
- Ability to be well organized with solid attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong team player
- Prior experience working in/with local government
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Be flexible to work nights and weekends as necessary
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits included. Interested applicants should send their resume, writing sample and cover letter to: email@example.com