Volunteer Manager, M-5
Financial Advocacy Program
The Community Service Society of New York (CSS) in partnership with NYC Health and Hospitals (H+H) will develop and implement a Volunteer Health Advocates Project to support facility-based Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) initiatives. The goal of the project will be to place trained volunteers (i.e. Health Advocates) to work directly with patients helping them address non-medical needs through referrals and connections to services. The Volunteer Manager will recruit, train and place volunteers at selected NYC H+H facilities in addition to providing ongoing support and education to the Health Advocates after placement. The Volunteer Manager must maintain current knowledge of NYC community-based social service programs and government benefit programs.
• Develop and implement a Volunteer Health Advocates Project. Manage the day to day operations of the program.
• Provide content expertise and technical assistance in the area of NYC community-based social service programs and government benefit programs, application procedures and other program regulations.
• Develop an innovative volunteer recruitment campaign. Maintain a team of 40– 50 Health Advocate volunteers.
• Develop training and program materials. Provide ongoing technical assistance to the Health Advocates at H+H facilities. Conduct site visits regularly.
• Provide direction and supervision of the volunteer’s work with clients. Provide direct client assistance as needed.
• Develop systems to collect information to track and evaluate program effectiveness. Communicate regularly with H+H Contract Manager and hospital staff.
• Participate in internal interdepartmental efforts and external coalitions as appropriate.
• Prepare reports for funders and other written program material (flyers, forms) as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree public health, social work, public administration, or health policy preferred.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills required.
• Demonstrated success in program development and management. Experience in volunteer management and/or public benefits preferred.
• Familiarity with NYC nonprofit sector, community organizations, social services, and volunteerism desired.
• Knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Office. Ability to use client data base
(Salesforce and others).
• Must travel to all five boroughs.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Community Service Society of New York
Human Resources Department – PS-VOlMGR
633 3rd ave, 10th floor, New York, NY 10017
Fax 212 614-5336 or e-mail email@example.com