Friday, October 13th, 2017
Murphy Institute, 25 W. 43rd St., 18th Floor, New York, NY 10036
This forum will explore the nature and causes of the current mass transit crisis, and will focus on solutions that will enable New York to sustain itself as a world-class city. During the course of two panels, speakers will offer strategies to modernize and maintain the City’s transit systems, with responses from local elected leaders on the crisis and policies to remedy it.
- Andrew Bata, Regional Manager North America, International Association of Public Transport (UITP)
- Robert Paaswell, Distinguished Professor of Civil Engineering, City College of New York and Director Emeritus, University Transportation Research Center (UTRC)
- John Samuelsen, President, TWU International
- City Council Member Ydanis Rodriguez, Chair of the Committee on Transportation
- City Council Member I. Daneek Miller, Chair of the Committee on Civil Service and Labor
- Kafui Attoh, Assistant Professor of Urban Studies, Murphy Institute
Additional speakers to be announced.