The Home Improvement Contractors Coop aims to increase the capacity and profitability of home improvement contractors using the cooperative model and democratic control. The members of the coop access business improvement strategies through the common office while maintaining their autonomy as independent companies. Their individual profits are increased through the benefit of the shared services. The coop will bundle services traditionally done by each company independently.
Office Assistant – Job Description
We are looking for an Office Assistant to join our team at the start of this new endeavor to support the planning, convening and documenting for our cooperative of construction companies. The Office Assistant’s responsibilities include monitoring members’ information, communicating with stakeholders during different phases of projects, scheduling meetings, and maintaining documents and reports.
A successful Office Assistant you should be able to perform any tasks assigned in an efficient and timely manner. They should be able to maintain oversight of all project activities, identify any issues, communicate effectively and work to resolve expeditiously.
Office Assistant Responsibilities:
- Performing administrative tasks such as preparing invoices, estimates, scheduling meetings, tracking members, etc.
- Maintaining a contact database for all members.
- Becoming efficient with Mailchimp as a customer relations management system Communicating with members regarding project needs and goals.
- Contributing to the planning and development of projects.
- Supporting the coordination and management of projects.
- Researching information as required.
- Keeping track of and reporting on coop members’ progress and needs.
- Completing any tasks assigned by the Project Manager in an efficient and timely manner.
Office Assistant Requirements:
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish and English is required.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business management or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience in office administration or construction a plus.
- Proficiency in computer programs, including Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications. Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
The Coop is a new endeavor and as a start-up our first hires will be as an independent contractor. Rate of pay is in the range of $20-$25/hour in this first phase on a full time basis.
To apply please contact Paulino@newdeal.coop Or call for more info 929-325-5990